Intensive three-month innovation incubator
Nurture is our intensive three-month innovation incubator offering support and grant funding for start-ups and early stage ventures. Nurture offers you access to mentors, training and a network to shape your concepts and ideas into a realistic business proposition.
You’ll most likely be a start-up looking to create or test a business idea to develop a Minimum Viable Proposition (MVP). You might be looking to run a pilot for your MVP in a forward-thinking city environment. As a small team, you won’t have raised more than £50,000 in funding (not including any ‘sweat equity’) and may have specialist skills in your area of expertise, but are looking for support in other areas.
Through the Nurture innovation incubator we’ll provide support to help you with your business idea in the following ways:
- Access to our City Space network of fellow entrepreneurs, innovators and sector experts
- A robust programme of modules across core business competencies such as sales, marketing, finance, and more
- Sessions with a specialist start-up/entrepreneur business coach, as well as access to sector experts and mentors for guidance as you develop
- Local networking events to meet and share ideas and challenges with other like-minded (and more experienced) entrepreneurs
- Support identifying and accessing useful local data to prove and improve your business idea or MVP
- Potential for grants, based on performance and need, of up to £15,000
- Access to our angel investor network to help test and shape your pitch for future investment (if appropriate).
- Regular 1:1 support from our Nurture innovation incubator Programme Manager to support you throughout the three-month intensive activity.
The Nurture innovation incubator, will help you define, test and present your MVP as you seek to create a business which may apply for future investment or access to the Advance element of Exeter Velocities.
Spring Intake Deadline – April 13