Intensive six-month innovation accelerator
Nurture is our six-month innovation accelerator offering support and grant funding for start-ups and early stage ventures. Nurture offers you access to mentors, training and a network to shape your concepts and ideas into a realistic business proposition by providing you with a platform to deploy your product or service in Exeter.
You’ll be a start-up looking to run a pilot for your Minimum Viable Proposition (MVP) in a forward-thinking city or rural environment. You’ll be a small team with zero or very little turnover and you won’t have raised more than £150,000 in Angel Investment. You’ll also have specialist skills in your area of expertise, but are looking for support in other areas and of course, your proposition will have a sustainable, circular economy focus and potential impact on mobility, energy usage and agriculture.
Through the Nurture innovation accelerator, we’ll provide support to help you with your business idea in the following ways:
- Potential for grants, based on performance and need, of up to £7,500
- One-to-one and one-to-many business growth support from sector specialists within circular economy and sustainability sectors i.e. energy, transport, agriculture and more.
- Access to our pool of sector expert mentors.
- Introductions to local business, policymakers and key local stakeholders including Exeter City Council, Devon County Council, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Exeter University, Exeter College and farmers.
- Access to our angel investor network and investment readiness support.
- Regular 1:1 support from our Nurture accelerator Programme Manager to support you throughout the six-month intensive activity.
The Nurture innovation accelerator will help you test your present MVP in a live environment and provide the potential to pitch for investment.