We have created www.exetervelocities.com (our site) to comply with internationally accepted web standards (W3C AA) to make it accessible to as many people as possible, regardless of disability or browsing software.
We have worked, and continue to actively work, to increase the accessibility and usability of our site by testing it in a number of browsers, screen readers, accessibility and HTML validators and other web tools. By doing this, we are able to align ourselves with many of the available standards and guidelines set for websites on the internet today.
All pages of our site conform to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines are the internationally recognized benchmark for building accessible websites.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines explain how to make websites more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformity to these guidelines also makes websites more user friendly for all people.
Web standards and technologies
Our site has been built to conform to W3C standards for HTML and CSS and checked with the W3C Markup Validation Service. These technologies are relied upon throughout our site. Our site displays correctly and uniformly in all popular web browsers, and the use of standards compliant code should mean any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Settings and Navigation Aids
- PC / Internet Explorer – From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size.
- Tablet / Internet Explorer – Swipe in from the upper right side of your screen, tap or click Settings, tap or click Internet Options, and then use the Zoom slider to set the zoom level.
- PC / other browsers – Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press +. Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press -.
- Mac / all browsers – Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press +. Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -.
- We have included links throughout to help people find information more easily.
We want people to get the best experience from our site and are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of our site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. If there is information you think should be included on this page, or if you experience any problem accessing our site or any of our pages, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.